Mavendog, LLC is seeking select Executive Project Managers (EPM). The EPM provides clients with consultant-oriented leadership for large, complex, risky, and high profile assignments. This leader is expected to take ultimate project and/or program management responsibility. The role calls for individuals who can handle client settings that need more strong-matrixed/projectized authority. The EPM has full lifecycle project planning and execution responsibilities, from starting point to mission complete, which include factors dealing with the full extent of requirements; scope; schedule; cost; and all PM Knowledge Areas. Delivery will be in line with client expectations of quality, security, and operational synthesis. The EPM reports to client sponsors and is accountable to client management primaries (stakeholders). These may include facility and department-level personnel in addition to Senior Management and C-suite executives.
- Form/staff and lead project management team.
- Oversee the assessment and evaluation of team qualifications and readiness.
- Plan the project(s) and determine all scope, schedule, cost, quality, and scheduling aspects.
- Manage all members of the team on a daily basis.
- Ensure consistent application of project management methodology throughout the project lifecycle.
- Deliver high-quality presentations/briefs in order to keep client sponsors updated and informed.
- Create and maintain open lines of communication among all project/programs primaries (stakeholders).
- Work with a sense of urgency to achieve mission success.
- Work with Mavendog sales and Practice Area Leadership on proposals and contracts.
- Employee management, development, and oversight (primarily for division managers/Practice Area Leads).
- Support Mavendog with thought leadership, case studies, and white papers.
- Four Year Degree AND 10+ years of project management experience; OR
- 15+ years of project management experience in lieu of a degree.
- Diverse expertise in a variety of project domains and client types; OR
- Specialized, deep expertise with projects in one domain/field or industry.
- Specialized in all ten PMI Knowledge Areas (Schedule, Risk, Cost, Integration management, etc.).
- Experience managing large multi-year projects that included external vendors.
- Fluent in project management tools, such as MS Project.
- Expert in Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) and scheduling concepts, tools, and calculations, especially for determining realistic baselines and critical path.
- Exceptional written, verbal communication, and presentation skills.
- Decision-making, critical thinking, and problem solving skills.
- Masters – business (MBA), project management (PMP) or equivalent.
- Program Management (PgMP) is a plus.
- Agile and Scrum Master experience a plus.
- Data and statistical analysis a plus.