Mavendog, LLC is always seeking quality Business Analysts (BAs). They are part of Mavendog’s Investigative Analysis (IA) division. They have an integral role in analyzing and understanding the procedures, processes, and systems of a functional and/or technical domain. It is their job to discover ways that operation can work more efficiently, and how each component part affects business output. As a project resource, they are critical, defining business and/or technical requirements in order to assist the team in implementing strategic improvements. They also can be involved in later phases of project work, particularly around quality management. BAs are expected to work independently when provided with guidance, goals and direction.
- Draft business process maps, system specs, fit/gap analyses, and other analytical documents.
- Support project execution including scope definition, requirements gathering, change control, risk management and reporting. This support can require high levels of functional integration and some organizational change management.
- Ensure consistency and adherence to client standards, processes and policies
- Prepare, present, and distribute project information to applicable project team members.
- Provide project and governance support as needed
- Support Continuous Process Improvement efforts.
- Employee management, development, and oversight (primarily for division managers/Practice Area Leads).
- Support Mavendog with thought leadership, case studies, and white papers.
- Four Year Degree AND 5+ years of Business Analysis experience; OR
- 10+ years of Business Analysis experience in lieu of a degree.
- Diverse expertise in a variety of project domains and client types; OR
- Specialized, deep expertise with projects in one domain/field or industry.
- Exceptional written, verbal communication, and presentation skills.
- Diplomacy and intuition for gathering sensitive information and “Voice of the Customer” detail.
- High degree of creativity, adaptability, and tolerance for ambiguity.
- Strong systems and process thinker and proficient in workflow/process diagraming tools and techniques.
- Experienced with Unified Modeling Languages (UML) and Use Case.
- IIBA certifications a plus.
- Data and statistical analysis a plus.
- Familiar with all ten PMI Knowledge Areas (Schedule, Risk, Cost, Integration management, etc.).
- For IT projects, familiarity with a variety of software development lifecycles, especially agile.
- Expertise in Total Quality Management (TQM) or Total Army Quality (TAQ); Deming’s Plan-Do-Check-Act cycle; and related quality tools (i.e., Cause-and-effect diagram (Ishikawa); Check sheet; Control charts; Histogram; Pareto chart; Scatter diagram; Run chart).
- Experience with change management methodologies a plus.